Since 1965 The Barossa Wine Auction has been an icon event during the biennial Barossa Vintage Festival.
For the first time the highly anticipated Barossa Wine Auction was held over two LIVE auctions; one in the traditional home of Barossa on Friday 16 April 2021 and the second in Sydney on Thursday 29 April 2021. .
The 2021 auction season features 116 lots from more than 50 Barossa wineries.
For Torbreck collectors, highlights include
Lot B01 SOLD $8,400
An extremely rare, highly collectable set of ultra fine Barossa wines, each one awarded a perfect 100 points, includes:
- 1 x BOTTLE of Torbreck 2016 RunRig Shiraz Viognier (Joe Czerwinski)
- 1 x BOTTLE of Torbreck 2012 The Laird Shiraz (Robert Parker)
- 1 x 375ml BOTTLE of Seppeltsfield 1921 100 Year Old Para Vintage Tawny (Halliday)
- 1 x BOTTLE of Penfolds 2008 Bin 95 Grange (Wine Spectator)
- 1 x BOTTLE of Chris Ringland 2002 Shiraz (Robert Parker)
- 1 x BOTTLE of Greenock Creek 1998 Roennfeldt Road Cabernet (Robert Parker)
- 1 x BOTTLE of Greenock Creek 1998 Roennfeldt Road Shiraz (Robert Parker)
- 1 x BOTTLE of Henschke 2015 Hill of Grace Shiraz
- (Wine Spectator/ Andrew Caillard MW)
- 1 x BOTTLE of Standish Wine Co. 2018 The Theorem Shiraz (Wine Spectator)
Lot B27 SOLD $6,000
1 x 6L IMPERIAL of Torbreck Les Amis Grenache 2010
Lot B28 SOLD $5,500
1 x 6L IMPERIAL of Torbreck RunRig Shiraz Viognier 2017
Lot S28 SOLD $15,145
1 x 6L IMPERIAL of Torbreck The Laird Shiraz 2013
You can read more about the 2021 Barossa Wine Auction results here